Friday, January 7, 2011

New Years Day Brunch

Just like everyone else, we always try to have special meals on the holidays.  Every New Years Eve I've made something new for me and Mr. Dreamy McMig.  He remembers fondly the hard boiled quail's eggs and petite bites of years past.

This year I made pumpkin gnocchi.  About 30 pounds worth.  They were memorable.  Memorably bad.

So, on to better things...BRUNCH!

New Years Day is a time for sleeping in and relaxing.  And that's what we did.

When everyone was needing a bite to eat, I pulled together some french toast waffles.

I don't know about you but, I'd never heard of them until I was taking a peek at Tyler Florence's new cookbook Family Meal.

So easy to pull together with so little mess.  I recommend using a soft bread like brioche. If the only bread in your pantry is of the sandwich variety, I recommend trimming off the crusts. They become a little too crisp.

Our favorite was spreading some cranberry and cinnamon goat cheese between two warm slices and topping with a little maple syrup.

Now that's the way to ring in the new year.

No comments: