Thursday, March 3, 2011

Sweet Potato Pasta

The sweet potato and I have a delightful relationship.  I love him and he provides so many ways for me to enjoy a meal.

I always try to have a sweet spud or two in the kitchen.  They are so versatile and can be used for any meal.  As of late, I'm in a pasta fix.  So, I paired the two.

Pasta and potatoes? Really? Really.

My cooking logic stems from the pairing of squash with pasta. So, why not sweet potatoes?

All it takes is a couple potatoes cubed and sauteed with onions, garlic, cinnamon, and cumin. Sometimes I deglaze the pan with some wine or broth. Whatever's on hand. Garnish with a flourish of parmesan.  C'est tout.

This has become one of my go-to favorites.  However, the tides may be changing since Mr. Mig and I are considering a diet.  Pasta may be cooked sparingly for the next month.

Good thing great memories of meals past are without calories.

No comments: