Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Fit as a Fiddle

Ok, so it's been a little hard for me to come to grips with some simple arithmetic: my age + post-baby bod + no exercise = really unfit.  Denying the current situation has been pretty easy.  My old clothes actually still fit.  Fit well?  Well, no.  What happened to the muscle tone?  Was it accidentally packed away with the old college t-shirts?

So, as of this morning, I've started a new regime!  I'm aiming for an upgrade: Ms. Mig 2.0!

Now, one knows that one must be gentle upon embarking on the 1.0 to 2.0 upgrade.  So, I'm going to be kind and start off with stretching and floor work complements of the New York City Ballet.  Since I am neither a New York resident nor a dancer, my figure and I will be DVDing it.  I'm kind of excited!
I won't be found wearing leotards or spandex currently nor when I've mastered this program.  But I hope to feel good and strong.  And when I take a quick peek in the mirror at my backside I hope to have a little smile.

2 comments:

Easy and Elegant Life said...

How is it working? Sounds delightful. Sort of pilates like?

Ms. Mig said...

You're right. It is a great workout similar to pilates. However, my road to fitness has been paved with good intentions. Instead of looking forward to working out in the morning, I look forward to 5 hours of consecutive sleep. Mig