Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Apple Picking

I bet you haven't done this in years.  Apple picking.  While we spent the weekend at Nana's and Grandpa's house, my sisters took their girls to the apple orchard.  Pony rides, pumpkins, apple cider, and those wonderful apple cider doughnuts.  Oh, and apples.

What does one do with a bushel of sweet pommes? Well, if you're lucky, they'll make you some apple crisp.

Now, my mom is by no means a good cook.  Actually, she's terrible.  But apple crisp?  The Best.  We used to jump off the school bus and run inside and she would have hot apple crisp waiting for us to snack on.  That's love.

My youngest sister put her baking skills to the test this weekend.  She let me have a mini loaf.
Was it just like Mom's?  Well, a little bit more practice is in order.  I'll be the happy taste-tester.

No comments: