Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Go-To Dinner: Shrimp and Pasta

Do you have a go-to dinner?  You know, the dish you make when you're tired and hungry at the end of your day?  I do.  And it was an accident.

It's the easiest thing to make and when you sit down to eat, you don't feel like you compromised.

This dish was created out of desperation.  I cooked what I had on-hand: shrimp, can of diced tomatoes, frozen asparagus, zucchini, capers, onions, olives, mushrooms, and Parmesan cheese.  And always red pepper flakes.  Throw it all in one pan, et voila, you're done.  Toss on the cheese with a flourish and then serve with a smile.  It pairs great with either white or red wine.  So, drink what you have on-hand too.
I don't know about my husband, but I feel a little bit decadent eating this for dinner.  Go ahead, try it for yourself.  You'll be so surprised at how easy it is to make.  We all should have a go-to.  So, please have mine if you need one.  Cheers to you.

No comments: